How to Clean a Mattress With Baking Soda and Fabric Softener
1. How to Clean a Mattress With Baking Soda?
Have you ever wondered how to clean a mattress? Now it is possible to remove blood spots, urine, and so on from your mattress with a simple practical guide.
- Vacuuming mattresses are essential.
- Distilled white vinegar and baking soda are extremely useful for cleaning mattresses.
- Hydrogen peroxide or commonly called hydrogen peroxide can also help eliminate stubborn stains.
- It is advisable to verify the suitability of the methods and products to be used on a little noticeable surface before the total application.
- Mattress Stain Remover: How To Clean Mattress Stains
- How To Stable Your Relationship Right Now
- Baking Soda to Clean Mattress Stains
- Baking Soda On Mattress For Dust Mites
Here are some simple methods to maintain hygiene and extend the life of your mattress. We also tell you how to clean a mattress with urine stains, blood, and dirt in general.
Remember: Before applying any of these methods to clean a mattress, perform a test on a small and inconspicuous surface. In the case of combining these methods with commercial products, it is advisable to read the instructions and follow the recommendations on the label. In addition, we recommend reading the indications on the manufacturer’s label for the care of the mattress.
We recommend you carry out the following method of mattress washing regularly. If the mattress is next to a wall, it is important to remove it to reach its entire surface on both sides.
- To remove dirt in general, you have to vacuum the mattress on both sides. If your vacuum cleaner has an upholstery brush, use it.
- If you only need to clean a mattress with surface stains, I simply poured 1 tablespoon of laundry liquid soap into 1 liter of cold water. Mix the solution vigorously to form a foam. Now, dampen a sponge in this mixture and rub the mattress pads in circular motions. It is advised that before operating this method try on a small and imperceptible surface. If a stain persists, you can repeat this operation by moistening the sponge as many times as necessary. For more rebellious stains, it is recommended to combine with a special upholstery soap.
- Let the mattress dry for a few hours and re-vacuum to remove any residue.
- Benefits Of Baking Soda: Amazing Baking Soda Uses & Remedies
- How to Properly Clean a Mattress
- How to Clean a Mattress with Baking soda and Peroxide
How to wash a mattress with persistent stains:
In the case of particularly difficult to clean stains such as blood, sweat, and vomit, some home-based methods may be used that are usually effective.
- Spray the stain with distilled white vinegar and let it act for about 10 minutes, as long as no adverse effects are observed.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the stain and let it fizz with white vinegar for a few minutes.
- If the stain persists or has not completely gone, put a sponge moistened with hydrogen peroxide and rub it in circular movements (using rubber gloves). Let it dry.
How to Clean Mattresses with a Smell of Urine:
- Remove the sheets and covers from the mattress and washing with soap and warm water.
- Spray an entire cup of baking soda in the affected area and complete the rest of the mattress with this powder. I covered the entire mattress with plastic (trash bags might be a good choice). Let it act for several hours.
- Remove the plastic and vacuum the baking soda.
2. How to Clean a Mattress With Fabric Softener:
Fabric Softener is useful to remove the stains. When you wash your clothes in the washing machine, try to reserve the water for the second wash, as it has a mixture of softener that will help remove the dirt from the carpets/mattress and upholstery. Simply soak a soft cloth in the water with fabric softener, twist it and clean any surfaces that are stained.
After cleaning, the upholstery and carpets are likely to be rough, so to restore their softness, dilute a softener soaking spoon in a liter of warm water and moisten a toothbrush in the preparation. Apply and let dry.