Description Of Bipolar 2 Disorder:
Bipolar disorder – Mental health, which experienced severe mood swings, energy, and performance. Bipolar disorder can harm relationships and cause poor performance or school performance. The bipolar disorder marked two extremes in the mood. (mad and low)
- Top 10: How to Remove Cooking Odors
- Mental health activities
- How Much Water To Drink A Day?
- Mattress Stain Remover: How To Clean Mattress Stains
- Dusty House: How to Reduce Dust in House?
- Common Hair Washing Mistakes
When depressed mood drops, fatigue is enhanced, often accompanied by irritability.
There are four forms of the Bipolar Disorder:
Bipolar 1 disorder: Episodes of frequent mania often immediately after the depression, attacks can be very severe.
Bipolar 2 disorder: Accompanied by less intense manic episodes (so-called mild mania), alternating with episodes of depression. This article is about bipolar 2 disorder, causes, symptoms and diagnosis.
Bipolar disorder is uncertain: Someone who has symptoms of bipolar disorder (eg, actions are outside normal behavior), but symptoms do not meet certain criteria for types of bipolar 1 disorder and bipolar 2.
Rotational mood: Episodes of mild mania alternating with mild depressive episodes.
Read Also: Benefits Of Baking Soda
Causes of bipolar 2 disorder:
The causes of bipolar 2 disorder are unknown. Predictably, the cause of this disease may be of a hereditary nature.
Risk factors for bipolar 2 disorder:
A family history of the disease increases the likelihood of its development. Tell your doctor if you have a family member suffering from bipolar 2 disorder.
Symptoms of bipolar 2 disorder:
Symptoms include: Mood swings are sharp – Mood can range from high excited, exaggerated sense of self-esteem to a deep sense of despair. Observed in the ups and downs periods of natural mood, sharp changes in behavior.
Symptoms of mania include:
- Very good mood.
- Increase energy and effort towards target-oriented activity.
- Insomnia and emotions.
- Jumping from one idea to another.
- Speak quickly or want to talk constantly.
- Focus on problems.
- Reduced sleep.
- Excessive confidence or self-esteem.
Symptoms of depression include:
- Long periods of melancholy, hopeless mood.
- Sin, vanity or impotence.
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities, including sex.
- Unintended weight gain or loss.
- Think of suicide or death without suicide attempts.
- Low performance or fatigue.
- Anxiety or slow motion.
- Very long or short sleep.
Sometimes severe episodes of mania or depression may be accompanied by psychotic symptoms:
- Phantom ideas.
Diagnosis of bipolar 2 disorder:
The doctor will ask about the symptoms, medical history, and physical examination. In some cases, laboratory tests have been designated to rule out other causes of symptoms. The diagnosis of bipolar 2 disorder is based on the following figures:
- The presence of some symptoms over a long period of time.
- The absence of other causes of the disorder, such as the use of certain drugs and the presence of diseases.
The doctor will determine the best treatment method, which may include:
Medications for the treatment of bipolar disorder:
The main method of treatment is the use of drugs, called mood stabilizers for depression. There are many types and combinations of different medications, which appointed to suppress symptoms.
Medications, used to treat bipolar 2 disorder include:
Lithium: Older mood stabilizers, often used as primary therapy (it helps to prevent manic episodes and depression).
Anticonvulsants and mood stabilizers are also used in place or in combination with lithium:
Psychotherapy: It is often an integral part of a comprehensive treatment plan. Treatment may include:
- Cognitive therapy povedencheskaya.
- Family therapy.
Prevention of bipolar disorder:
There are no guidelines to prevent bipolar 2 disorder. The drug can help prevent depressive bouts of manic depression.