Best Ways To Choose a Good Mattress
The mattress is one of the most important elements when it comes to resting properly. This is no-nonsense because if we consider that we spend about a third of our lives lying in bed and that a good rest is essential to be able to render the next day, the mattress should be one of the elements of the home that more let’s take care.
The quality must be one of the unavoidable points, nevertheless, before the great offer that there is in the market, sometimes it is difficult to discern which is the most suitable for our rest. We will give you some best ways to choose a good mattress, to be able to rest perfectly and get up every morning with all the energy to be able to do what you want.
- Firmness of the mattress
- Which mattress is best according to personal needs
- Mattress material
- What mattress do I buy?
- More recommendations for choosing the right mattress
Firmness of the mattress:
One of the most important elements that should be taken into account when choosing a mattress is the fact that it supports the body in a correct and natural way. To achieve this goal, it is important that it has an average firmness.
- What to Do When a Mattress Gets Wet?
- Mattress Stain Remover: How To Clean Mattress Stains
- Baking Soda to Clean Mattress Stains
What does that mean? Make it firm enough so that it can support the weight of the body well, but without a hardness that could become uncomfortable. As a general rule, a healthy mattress for most should be so soft as to be comfortable for the person, but not so much for the body to sink. A too soft mattress makes the feeling of heat much greater, making it difficult for the person to rest. On the other hand, it does not get to hold the column properly and is not good for the back.
There are people who believe that a hard mattress is the best for the health of our back and others who think otherwise, but the reality is that we start from different needs, and after the tests that have been done it has been shown that we can not give a unique answer. This will depend on each person, whatever suits the needs of your body, especially if there are pathologies, back problems or overweight.
Which mattress is best according to personal needs:
- Baking Soda On Mattress For Dust Mites
- Best Tips To Remove Urine Stains From Child Mattress
- Clean Dried Urine From Mattress
There are certain conditions and personal needs that will also make us have to settle for more specific mattresses. It is important that you know that depending on which conditions require a mattress or another, then we explain what mattresses there are for certain specific personal needs, always keeping in mind that the last word is your specialist doctor:
- If you suffer from circulation problems, it is always advisable to use a more flexible, more resilient mattress that is better suited to your body, as well as an articulated bed base that allows the legs or upper body to be raised at any moment. It is important to consider your health and fitness to choose the most appropriate mattress.
- If you are allergy-prone, you can decant for antibacterial and anti- mattress mattresses and always use a good mattress protector. Today most mattresses offer antiallergic treatments, such as viscoelastic mattresses.
- If you usually suffer from the heat and you have sleepless nights because of being warm, you must evaluate very well if you want to opt for a mattress of springs, which are the most breathable, or a perforated viscoelastic that guarantees freshness and correct dissipation of the night heat. Undoubtedly, these two types are the best fresh mattresses that can be found today.
To this day, we find mattresses of different materials, all with different characteristics and more suitable for one type of person or another. Next, we’ll explain to you what kind of material you can decantarte, be listing the pros and cons of each:
At present, the quality of mattresses has increased substantially, mainly by latex and viscoelastic mattresses, which are able to adapt to body shape by reducing the pressure exerted on certain points, such as shoulders, head or hips
Within this group, there are different levels depending on the tastes of each person, being more or less dense and with variations in their firmness according to their composition. However, you have to make sure that the latex layer is more than 4 centimeters thick.
The properties of latex make it a very good choice for mattresses. They are very elastic, which allows the movements of the person with naturalness, causing the spine to remain in a correct position. On the contrary, these types of mattresses generally require some special care to avoid dampness, since being a natural material, requires special aeration. This type of mattress cannot be used with most firm upholstered bases. Among the types of latex mattresses can be found mainly those of 100% natural latex, and synthetics, which carry only a part of natural latex.
Viscoelastic is a perfect technology for those who sleep on their sides or suffer impaired joint or muscle, since its composition endows these mattresses a memory effect that adapts and recognizes positions of the body to rest is optimal, adapting to the natural silhouette of the body. There is a wide variety of compositions and densities that make there is a viscoelastic mattress suitable for each type of person. If you suffer from overweight problems, for example, you should focus on viscoelastic that offer you a high firmness and little adaptability.
Spring mattresses may be the best choice for people with sweating problems or looking for a more traditional break, wanting to avoid the feeling of adaptability offered by viscoelastic or latex mattresses. As with the other materials, there are spring mattresses of different compositions, spring thicknesses and degrees of firmness. Bagged springs are more adaptable than traditional docks, for example, and the choice of one type or another of mattress will depend on what each one looks for or needs.
What mattress do I buy?
Buying a mattress is not the same as buying some pants, there are many people who only spend 5 minutes to try it, the 5 minutes you can lay it in the store. From UNCOMO, we advise that you can try the mattress for at least 30 days to evaluate if it is the one that works best for you.
Both our body and the mattress need that time to adapt to each other. Think that the first day you will be accustomed to the previous one and the new one will seem strange to you. The same thing happens with the mattress, which needs some time to adapt to your shape and weight. The rush is never friendly when it comes to choosing a good mattress.
The price of the mattress is one of the main problems that people face when it comes to buying a mattress. Keep in mind that factors such as quality, size or durability are reflected in the price. The latter, especially, can make it better to spend the money in a quality that can last longer, not try to save and that, soon, you should buy another again. It is also important to keep in mind that trying the mattress in a physical store always helps and it is advisable that the brand that interests you have physical stores, but then end up confirming your purchase online if you find it more comfortable.
More recommendations for choosing the right mattress:
Finally, we leave you a series of recommendations to follow when choosing a good mattress:
- The height of the mattress should be at least 18 centimeters.
- The length of the mattress should measure 10 centimeters more than the height of who sleeps in it. If it is a couple, it should be taken as a reference to the highest person.
- For the width there is hardly any discussion, the wider is better, however, other factors such as the size of the room will also depend.
- Depending on how firm you want the bed, there are different types of the base that can go better or worse. If you want to notice it softer or more flexible, you should opt for a slatted base while if you want to be more firm, you can choose a sofa or an upholstered base.
- How often do you change the mattress? It is recommended that it be at least every 10 years, but whenever your body changes or if you notice that you rest badly, it is very likely that your needs have changed and you should consider changing the mattress before the recommended maximum time. Children, for example, need to change it more often because their needs as a child or adolescent will not be the same as when they are young or adult. The same happens with pregnant women when they appear injuries, physical wear, weight gain, etc.
- If you have physical problems and doubts about which type of mattress can go better, it is always advisable to discuss it with a health professional who can advise you or a rest specialist.
- We recommend that you buy the mattress in an establishment where you can try the product for a while and give you the possibility of being able to change or return it.
- During the test time, analyze the mattress and determine if it is the most suitable for your needs.
- When you buy a mattress, make sure you have a guarantee that you will need to use it against any manufacturing defects.
- In addition to aspects such as the modality, materials and price of the mattress, pay special attention to the quality of the materials and their manufacture. Not always that we buy the cheap we are saving money and, more importantly, it is never good to save on health.
- The good rest of the children of the home is very important so that they have the best possible growth, therefore, we invite you to consult the article How to choose a mattress for children.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to choose a good mattress – choose the most suitable, we recommend you to enter our category of Interior Design and Decoration.
- Aerate your mattress daily, at least a few minutes and change position by rotating it about four times a year to better preserve its shape.
- To protect it clean and last longer buy a mattress cover in natural fabrics and cotton.