Benefits Of Baking Soda
Baking soda has many healthy and aesthetic benefits. In this article, you know the most important uses and benefits of baking soda.
Baking soda is one of the most important basic elements in all the houses, which have many recipes and can add to baked goods and pastries such as cake. Sodium bicarbonate has a great importance and it is not much expensive. Baking soda is easily available in all shops. There are many benefits of baking soda.
We provide exclusive benefits of baking soda and baking soda uses for personal care, health, skin, hair etc.
Read Also: Top 10 Harmful Foods For Humans
Baking Soda Uses
Baking Soda Uses In Personal Care:
- Use as a toothpaste: A paste made from baking soda and 3% hydrogen peroxide can be used as an alternative to commercial fluoride toothpaste. The toothbrush can also be dipped with toothpaste and then into a baking soda mixture to give better results.
- Mouth revitalization: Put a teaspoon in half a glass of water, and rinsed to replenish the smell of mouth and prevent unpleasant odors.
- Soak devices: Soak the devices by baking soda uses, such as horns and dentures, in a mixture of 2 teaspoons dissolved baking soda in a cup or a small bowl of warm water. Baking soda solves food particles and prevents odors to keep appliances clean. You can also use a brush to clean the devices.
- Use it in rubbing face and body: Use baking soda to rub the face and body to revitalize it.
- Deodorant: Use baking soda on the armpits to reduce body odor.
- Use as an anti-acid: Baking soda use as an anti-acid is safe and effective to relieve heartburn or acid indigestion.
- Treatment of insect bites and skin itching: Paste of baking soda and water is useful for the skin where insect bite, and placed on the infected skin as an ointment. To relieve the itching, after the bathing, put some baking soda on the hand and rub the skin and hydrate.
- Make hand cleaner: For removing full odors, rub your hands gently with a paste of baking soda and water.
- Hair cleaning: Put some baking soda in your shampoo and then rinse the hair well, baking soda helps to remove residue out from your hair.
- Cleaning brushes and combs: If you want your shinier your hair then must keep the brushes and combs clean. Remove the natural oil and accumulate the hair residue on the combs and brushes by soaking them in a solution of 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a small bowl of warm water and then rinse it and dry it.
- Use it during showering: Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your bathroom to remove acids from the skin and help remove oils and sweat, as it makes the skin very soft.
- Calm the feet: Melt 3 tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl of warm water, soak and rub the feet gently.
Read Also: 17 Detergents Alternatives For The Kitchen
Benefits Of Baking Soda, Cleaning:
- Make the surfaces soft: For safe and effective cleaning of bath tubs, tiles, sinks, and even glass fiber and polished tiles, sprinkle baking soda gently on a clean wet sponge. Now rub and then rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Wash pots and pans: Add two tablespoons of baking soda with a regular dish detergent to help remove grease and food residue from dishes, pots, and pans.
- Sponge cleaning: Soak the sponge in a baking soda to get rid of dirt (4 tablespoons of baking soda dissolved in 1 liter of warm water).
- Cleaning the microwave: Place the baking soda on a damp sponge and clean it inside and outside the microwave then rinse thoroughly with water.
- Clean the silver dishes: Use a baking soda paste which made from 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water and rubs the silver with a clean cloth and then rinses well.
- Cleaning coffee and tea pots: Remove coffee and tea stains by washing to the solution of 1/4 cup baking soda in 1 liter of warm water.
- Clean the floors: Remove dirt (without unwanted scratches) by using 1/2 cup of baking soda in a bucket of warm water and clean it using a mop (for floors).
- Cleaning the furniture: Clean up and remove signs (even pens) from furniture by placing baking soda on a damp sponge and rubbing the furniture gently and wipe with a clean and dry cloth.
- Clean bathroom curtains: Now we can easily clean and remove unpleasant odors from the curtains by baking soda spray directly on a damp sponge or brush. After spray, clean and rub the curtains and rinse it and hang it until dry.
- Cleaning Clothes: Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to the laundry with liquid detergent to balance the pH while washing clothes.
- Clean baby clothes: Baby skin requires more than regular detergent, for hard spots add 1/2 cup of baking soda to liquid laundry detergent in rinsing cycle to remove odors.
- Cleaning sports equipment: Use baking soda (4 tablespoons baking soda in 1 liter warm water) to clean and remove the unpleasant odors of sports equipment. Spray baking soda in golf floors and gymnasiums to remove bad smell.
- Cleaning batteries: Baking soda can be used to remove an acid battery to prevent auto corrosion. Be sure to disconnect the battery before cleaning. Make a paste of baking soda and water, and use a damp cloth to clean the rust from the end of the battery. After cleaning and re-connecting the poles, add Vaseline to prevent the future corrosion. Please be careful when working on the battery because it contains the strong acid.
- Car cleaning: Use baking soda to clean the car lights, windows, tires, and seats without worrying about unwanted scratches. Use baking soda solution of 1/4 cup baking soda in 1 liter of warm water. Using a soft sponge or cloth to remove the dirt. For stubborn stains, use baking soda and spray it on a damp sponge or soft brush and wash the car.
Read Also: Top 5 Common Running Injuries
Baking Soda Uses To Remove Bad Odors: (Benefits of baking soda)
Remove the bad smell from the refrigerator:
Place an open baking soda box at the back of the refrigerator to prevent unpleasant odors.
Remove the bad odor from cutting board:
Sprinkle the cutting board with baking soda, then rub and rinse.
Remove odors from carpet:
Spray the baking soda on the carpet and leave it overnight or as long as possible then washed the carpet and left to dry.
Remove odor from vacuum cleaners:
Adding baking soda inside the dust collector box in the vacuum cleaners. It is very helpful to remove the bad smell.
Remove bad odors from cars:
Car odors are eliminated by spraying baking soda directly on the car seats and carpets.
Remove the bad smell of sports shoes:
Add baking soda to the sports shoe when not in use. And shake him before wearing it.
Miscellaneous Uses Of Baking Soda (Benefits of baking soda)
- Fire Extinguishing:
Baking soda can help extinguish fires because when baking soda is heated, it gives carbon dioxide, which helps to extinguish the flames. For small fires in the kitchen (frying, ovens, grills), if you can do it safely, first the gas or electricity is turned off then stand back and throw handfuls of baking soda at the flame base to help extinguish the fire (you should have a hand fire extinguisher on anyway.
- Rub fruit and vegetables:
Baking soda is useful to clean up dirt from fresh fruits and vegetables. Just sprinkle a little baking soda on a clean wet sponge, rub the vegetables and fruit and then rinse.
Benefits Of Baking Soda, Beauty
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is a white powder used in dessert recipes, and this may the most common use for everyone. But the new thing is discovering that using more baking soda to cure some health problems, especially skin problems. This is because baking soda is characterized by antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic and peeling properties of the skin. Let us know about the uses of baking soda for your beauty and health.
Peeling of face and body: Mix equal amounts of baking soda, oatmeal, and water. Pour the mixture until it turns into a smooth paste. Spread the mixture on your face and body and massage with circular movements and then rinse with warm water.
Smoothing and cleaning of the fingers before putting nail polish: Place a little baking soda on a small, wet toothbrush and stick an area under the nails to clean and soften them. Then, make a paste of 3 tablespoons of baking soda with one tablespoon of water and stick fingers especially around the nails to get rid of dead skin in these areas.
Softening the thick skin: To soften the thick skin in the foot area, put a tablespoon of baking soda with a few drops of lavender oil in a bowl of warm water. Stretch your feet in this bowl for 30 minutes. Then, mix 3 tablespoons of soda with a teaspoon of brown sugar and a teaspoon of water and rub your feet well. Apply a moist cream then into a wet towel with warm water around your feet for 10 minutes.
Elimination the effects of shampoo: For elimination, the effects of shampoo, put about 3 tablespoons baking soda in your hand and massage your hair while washing with shampoo.
Bathing: Add half a cup of baking soda in the shower water and relax in the bathtub for half an hour. Baking soda dissolves in water and it works to remove the oils and sweat accumulated on your skin.
Bleaching and sterilization of teeth and mouth: To get a quick bleaching of the teeth, put a little baking soda on your toothbrush and brush your teeth well, then wash them.
To sterilize the mouth and teeth, put a teaspoon of baking soda in a quarter cup of water and use it.
Treatment of pimples: Mix a little baking soda with water to get a thick paste. Place this paste on the affected areas for 15 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
Treatment of stomach disorders: Place a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of warm water, and then drink the solution to get rid of heartburn, gas, or acid reflux.
Benefits Of Baking Soda For Skin And Hair
These are authentic benefits of baking soda.
Acne, pimples, burns and scars:
To get rid of acne or the effects of pimples, baking soda acts as an antiseptic for inflammation as well as it helps to reduce the symptoms of acne and it helps to balance the body. Baking soda uses helps to reduce the occurrence of such cases of skin. You should put a tablespoon of baking soda with a little water and put on the skin from one to two minutes and then wash with cold water. Repeat it once a day for 2 or 3 days and then reduce the frequency of use to once or twice a week.
Baking soda is excellent for teeth shining. It also works to the removal of yellow spots on your teeth. In addition, it helps to remove cavities from bacteria. You can simply use a small amount of baking soda on a toothbrush with regular toothpaste by brushing your teeth for two minutes once a day (for several days).
Alternatively, you can prepare homemade toothpaste for 4-tablespoon powdered, 2 tablespoons baking soda and 3 tablespoons coconut oil, then mix all ingredients well. Use a small amount of this toothpaste on your toothbrush once a day (for several days).
Reduce the heat of the sun and perspiration:
During the summer, the baking soda helps to reduce and clean the burns and remove the sunburn. Just mix a tablespoon or two tablespoons of baking soda in a cold water cup and place it on the affected area for 10 minutes.
Baking soda is the easiest and inexpensive solution to peeling the body. It helps to remove dead cells. In addition, it balances the PH element at the skin level, which is very important in maintaining the skin.
Mix one tablespoon or two tablespoons of baking soda into the water. Now, wash it gently with your fingertips. Finally, wash your face with lukewarm water. Follow this treatment once or twice a week. Be sure to hydrate your skin after using baking soda.
Baking soda has effective results in yellow nail whitening so you do not have to hide it with your pockets. You should put the half cup of water with a teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide, 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a small bowl and put the nails into that solution. For best results, repeat it every two months
Treatment of body odors:
Baking soda also helps to absorb moisture or sweat from the skin, which reduces body odors and kills bacteria that are separated from sweat and also helps to kill germs that lead to body odors. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of water with a few drops of oil, use cotton to wipe it on the armpits or areas that are excessively sweaty. Use it regularly to vanish body odors.
You can treat skin rash problems with baking soda. It helps to reduce inflammation, itching, and swelling. Mix water with one or three tablespoons baking soda, apply to the affected area for a few minutes and then wash with cold water. Apply, until it improved.